Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and was searching around and could ingredients find any posted information about the Peugeot XUD9 1.9 TD my samurai I just picked up here in Spain to go along with my high top 87' with the 1.3 has this engine in it from what I can find online it seems to be a bullet proof engine but I was wondering if there is anyone else with hands on knowledge of this engine. What they think about it and what tuning and aftermarket improvements people tend to make to them or other 1.9 TD engines as I can't imagine there is to much of a difference across the board for a TD.

Thanks everyone ahead of time for your inputs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm learning also is they are rare as can be. I'm going to try and find out if this engine is the same as the XUD9 in the Peugeot 306 cars if so the European forums for them might have information about tuning them they build those cars up pretty good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I've read some come with a front mounted intercooler already others dont. A common adjustment I'm seeing is to turn up the master fuel screw then increase boost or get a bigger turbo. I wonder if they have cams for this engine. If a guy could add a torquer style cam like they have for the 1.3 turn up the fuel probably get a decent amount of coal to roll on someone also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts