Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I'm new on here but I would like to ask a question about this new change coming in for petrol .
Will it be compatible with my 2006 ignis ?
The label near the fuel cap says 95 octane or above .
Tia

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi,I'm new on here but I would like to ask a question about this new change coming in for petrol .
Will it be compatible with my 2006 ignis ?
The label near the fuel cap says 95 octane or above .
Tia
The transition to E10 petrol means that the ethanol content will increase from the current 5% to 10%. All petrol in the UK now and following the transition is a minimum of 95 RON (Octane). Your Ignis will be fine with E10 petrol. There is a government website where you can check if your car can use E10. The current E5 petrol will continue to be available at some fuel stations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This e10 must of been in the pipe line for a while as on my 2017 ignis fuel cap it has a sticker with use e10. Filled up last week with this e10 I don’t know if it’s just me but seems like car is running a bit sweeter.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
The bigger issue will be with pre 2010 vehicles, the fuel system components may not like the E10 blends and hoses and seals can deteriorate causing leaks.

E10 has been available for many years in various parts of the world and most (but not all) post 2010 vehicles can use it. Check your owners handbook if you are not sure. It will be stated if you can, or cannot use the blended fuels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts