Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up a 95 2 door soft top 4x4 on saturday. Along the top of the body of the door is a metal strip that looks to have been rubber dipped, which is peeling off. is it removable so i can redo it or should i just peel the rest off and paint? Also, the rockers have been replaced but there is some kind of trim piece on them, one is broken. I have not seen any kind of trim in the aftermarket anywhere, does anyone know where i can replace this from?

·
Super Moderator
24,990 Posts
You need to be careful with trim (or wanting it) as sadly it can hide some pretty ugly rust underneath. In any event, a lot of these items are no longer supplied by Suzuki (and certainly not supplied by Chevy). You can try to look through the online catalog here:
1995 Parts - Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store
But my search of their catalog came up with nothing. You're best bet is probably a junkyard or someone who is parting out the car. That being said, some people have removed this trim altogether, treating the rockers with some kind of rock guard, etc.

Regarding the metal strip you talk about on the upper door - is that the thin strip by the window that you are talking about??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to be careful with trim (or wanting it) as sadly it can hide some pretty ugly rust underneath. In any event, a lot of these items are no longer supplied by Suzuki (and certainly not supplied by Chevy). You can try to look through the online catalog here:
1995 Parts - Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store
But my search of their catalog came up with nothing. You're best bet is probably a junkyard or someone who is parting out the car. That being said, some people have removed this trim altogether, treating the rockers with some kind of rock guard, etc.

Regarding the metal strip you talk about on the upper door - is that the thin strip by the window that you are talking about??
Yeah, I was afraid of that. It has new rockers so I guess I will pull the broken trim and coat it. It is that little metal strip by the window, yes.

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are referring to the window weather strip seal see the link.

1989-1998 Suzuki Sidekick Weatherstrip Seal Replacement, Front, Passenger Side, Outer, Window, Direct fit

Most parts are available you just need to figure out the proper name. Even the rocker covers can be bought just goggle what you need.
Thanks, unfortunately that is passenger side only, cant find drivers. Does it matter if it is for 4 door or 2 door? I have done an extensive google for door sills, rocker cover etc. And come up with nothing I did find a complete parts list with diagrams so now I can look up original parts numbers and names so hopefully that will help

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
24,990 Posts
Dealer parts are going to be quite expensive, and often difficult to find, as Suzuki is leaving the US market. You may have better luck at a junkyard, or being a bit creative with your repair....;)

Edit: By the way, partsouq is located in Dubai - it's handy enough in order to browse through their catalog, but not really feasible to order from.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer parts are going to be quite expensive, and often difficult to find, as Suzuki is leaving the US market. You may have better luck at a junkyard, or being a bit creative with your repair....;)

Edit: By the way, partsouq is located in Dubai - it's handy enough in order to browse through their catalog, but not really feasible to order from.....
Good to know, we have a lot of parts yards around here.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Usually any weather seals in the scrap yard are near the end of their life. The rubber gets brittle and when they are removed they fall apart but it's worth a try

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Usually any weather seals in the scrap yard are near the end of their life. The rubber gets brittle and when they are removed they fall apart but it's worth a try
Weatherstripping, seals of any kind I always buy new if available: many years rejuvenating suzuki bikes taught me that. Metal parts, cosmetic pieces and such I will scrounge unless I am doing a restoration, but this little beast is going to be my work beater for now so just want it clean and running solid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So next question, are sidekicks and trackers completely parts compatible? I can find sidekick parts but not so much geo parts.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've had,Geo,Chev and now have a GMC, they'er all the same, having said that, they are also all '91/92 {the right side of the dash is different is the only thing I can see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had,Geo,Chev and now have a GMC, they'er all the same, having said that, they are also all '91/92 {the right side of the dash is different is the only thing I can see.
Well that definitely simplifies things. Seems like pretty much any 2 door part is still available on the suzuki car parts site.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Relic you forgot Asuna and Pontiac all the same cars just different badges

·
Registered
223 Posts
Agreed. My Sport has been garaged most of its life and the drivers side is falling apart. In my parts car, all four of them are trashed from being outside all the time. In the body shop trade, we call them "belt moldings". Never heard them called a weatherstrip seal before.

Curious why the link Riley posted only has them for the passenger side, especially since they are aftermarket. I got excited when I first saw them, but my excitement was deflated when I could not find them for the driver's side.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agreed. My Sport has been garaged most of its life and the drivers side is falling apart. In my parts car, all four of them are trashed from being outside all the time. In the body shop trade, we call them "belt moldings". Never heard them called a weatherstrip seal before.

Curious why the link Riley posted only has them for the passenger side, especially since they are aftermarket. I got excited when I first saw them, but my excitement was deflated when I could not find them for the driver's side.
Look on suzukicarparts.com use parts numbers 83810-65A00 and 83820-65A00 for 2 door or change the A to a B for four door.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Riley, how do you like your x90?
The X90 is a fun little rig to cruise around new areas and easy to tow behind our camper. I see very little difference between it and a regular 2 door tracker or sidekick. It handles well, not much space for the wife and dog so she gets left out sometimes.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Look on suzukicarparts.com use parts numbers 83810-65A00 and 83820-65A00 for 2 door or change the A to a B for four door.
I changed the part numbers to B, and nothing was found. It looks like 2 doors are available though. I appreciate the effort though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts