Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weber and a oil breathing filter on my sammy, so what do you do with the pcv, take off plug or hook to the air filter, or just leave it open with nothing on it, thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
12,340 Posts
Connect the PCV valve and the engine breather to the air filter, in the same fashion as the original was connected.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is not possible with the weber air cleaner, maybe if I was running the stock air intake, but who knows.

·
Super Moderator
12,340 Posts
So get an air cleaner that does.

I'm starting to wonder if it really is the PCV valve you're asking about - all you need is a 1/2" vent.

If I remember correctly, the PCV valve sits in the intake manifold and tees into a hose with one end connected to the valve cover and the other end to the air filter - get a 1/2" stub of pipe and braze into the air filter housing.

Plug it and you'll blow the cam & crank seals out.
Vent it with a breather filter and you'll end up with an oily mess.

·
Registered
264 Posts
That is not possible with the weber air cleaner, maybe if I was running the stock air intake, but who knows.
It's easily done. I've seen it done. Drill a hole in the bottom of the air cleaner base and put in a fitting to fit the PCV/vent hose. Unless you're planning on putting in a draft tube to vent the crankcase, along with a breather and modified baffling in the valve cover, you'll end up with an oily mess, or, blown engine seals.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I run a new longer piece or 1/2" heater hose from Valve Cover Vent in a gentle loop to base of Weber breather. Then cut in the stock reducing Tee and ran new 3/8" vacuum line down to the (new) PCV Valve. Thus the breathing/venting arrangement was plumbed as stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts