Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Roger. My SUV of choice at this time is a blue 2002 XL-7 with standard trannie and optional factory alloys. It's a lovely vehicle, especially on the highway. A couple things I would like to know from this forum is the location of the positive crankase ventilation valve and the performance of the oem tires. The pvc valve seems to be buried toward the back of the motor close to the firewall. Am I close to the location of this hidden item? And secondly, has anybody had problems with the Bridgestone Dueler tires. My truck seems to track on the most subtle road irregularities, even after two front end alingments. I've spoken to my dealer about this problem and really can't get much info from them on that topic. The tires seemed fine when new but as the're wearing so does the handling of this vehicle. I look forward to sharing my experiences with this forum. Thanks, Roger :whistling:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Roger,
It's the tires, I've driven 4Wdrives for years and never had one slip and slide on snowy roads like my Suzuki XL7. My Duelers only have 28000 miles on them and they have worn even from edge to edge, finally replaced them today with BF Goodrich Traction A/Ts my Suzuki feels like its on rails now and hopefully snow traction and handling improve. You can go to Tire Rack, http://www.tirerack.com. and read reviews on the OEM Duelers, I think 8 out 10 peopl said they would NOT BUY THIS TIRE AGAIN!!! Its a pricey tire for its poor peformance too.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My Bridgestone tires have always been fine on my previous and current XL-7. Though recently, I have purchased quieter Michelins which also decreased road noise on the highway. If you ever get a different brand of tires for your Suzuki, I highly recommend Michelins!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input on the tires. The Bridgestones seem to work fine on my buddy's RAV-4 but their uneven wear and somewhat poor traction on my vehicle will make my choice easier the next time I purchase rubber for the XL-7. Yes, I have been on Tire Rack's site and it's a great place to compare tires before purchasing. If anyone is interested, the PCV valve for the 2002 2.7 engine is on the rear of the engine on the driver's side valve cover. It's hard to find and even harder to install unless you loosen the wiring harness at that location. If your gas mileage is starting to suffer, like mine was, maybe changing this little item will help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put some Good Year Ultra Grip Ice Tires I bought at my local wal-mart for about $112 a piece the thing goes like a tank on slick roads and even as aggressive as the tires are they don't make a lot of road noise and wear really well on the Grand Vitara. They are directional tires though and when rotation time comes around you just move from front to back don't cross em over. I am very happy with these tires and have been running them for about a year and a half.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts