Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was having a hard time with back pain after going out in the SX4 for any length of time, I noticed that she sat with her legs bent and NO support under her legs.
The solution I came up with was to make some seat risers to elevate the seat 1 1/4 inches higher than it now is.

Total time from layout to closing the doors was just over 3 hours. The second set for our other vehicle took less than an hour.

The CRITICAl part is to make sure the dimensions are adhered to in providing a snug safe installation.

After being out in it today she had NO problems with her back whatsoever!!

PIX #10 the dial got moved after I had marked it for length.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nicely done...and well illustrated. Only detail I might ask is what gauge are the rails....
The finished product it neat and clean, not disturbing the visual appearance.
WHen I'm in the car, usually i'm the driver, specially for longer trips....so I cannot comment about the confort of the passenger seat, that I also occupy only on short city travel when my wife drives....that's her car. Wife never complained of being not confortable on long trips...but maybe your wife is taller than mine(5'6").....or maybe she did not think of complaining.
Ahhhh....while seat was removed, no trace of mice nesting up there ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The metal tubing that I used is .066 in. It was left over garage door opener main center that the chain runs on when I needed to replace the control unit with the purchase of a complete kit. Thank you Sears for not providing just the needed parts!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts