Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The VIN only tells you if you have an 8V or 16V, it doesn't tell you which type of block you have, you would have to check the parts database to find the Suzuki part number or check the engine number. The DOHC can make very good power if set up correctly, you really need to calculate the valve time area not just the valve area. The Swift guys don't rate the conversion because they crank is too weak to run 200+bhp at 8000rpm but 120-130bhp is no problem.
Parts Database?
Where can I find this heaven, I am having issues finding the parts for my sidekick, as I reside in the Caribbean and have difficulty finding parts

·
Super Moderator
24,222 Posts
Every once in a while the Suzuki electronic parts catalog (or regular catalog) comes up on ebay for sale. Other than than you can also look through the Partsouq website, which will give part numbers on whatever parts they have available. There's also suzuki-cat.ru which is a Russian site that has part numbers.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
.... There's also suzuki-cat.ru which is a Russian site that has part numbers.
The Russian site seems to have the most complete data base. (Most are not very complete.) It is amazing what you see there. just poking around, I have seen a TracKick hood with a factory hood scoop listed... part numbers and every thing. In the drawing, it did look a lot like what I have seen on Subaru's.

When you have a part number then you can plug it into the site that can actually ship you parts at somewhere close to a reasonable shipping charge. I USED to use SW Suzuki... :huh:

Anyway... If you look up part numbers on one site to use on another, be VERY sure you are looking at the right variation. There are MANY different models for the different markets and the like. Some changes are small but completely change the part you need. It does take a bit to figure out what you are looking at. The Suzuki parts sites in the US almost always tell me something like: "We have the part but it isn't listed as fitting the specified vehicle." But when I receive the part, it is correct...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts