Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 XL7 Limited (Black with Tan leather interior). My son had it at college and the radiator sprung a leak. After we got the radiator fixed, it was determined that the water pump was also bad. Not holding pressure in the coolant system. Needs a water pump and then no guarantees nothing else happened.

Before he left for school in August, I replaced the front brakes and rotors, battery, and tires. Over the winter break, I replaced the front CV Axles and patched up the exhaust.

Good car with a lot of good parts. Located in Hattiesburg MS. Willing to sell whole car with clean title. It has under 100k miles for $500. May be a great deal for the right person.

If I can't sell it whole, let me know if you have any requests for parts off it and and I consider individual parts.

·
Super Moderator
17,522 Posts
Does it run? :confused:

Got pics? Trans type? 4X4?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It runs. But since it has a bad water pump and won't hold pressure, you don't want to drive more than a few minutes. It is in Mississippi with my son and I am in Kentucky so I don't have pics. He is out of town at a conference. It is a 4x4 with automatic trans. I have owned it since new. If someone is serious, I can get pics. I have a $500 quote from a salvage yard, but I thought I would offer it to the community first.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Please don't scrap it out. A water pump isn't that big of a deal. Involved, yes, but not that bad.
If I was closer I'd be there tomorrow with my trailer!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A water pump isn't a big deal. But I don't know how you can make sure there isn't anything else wrong. How do you rule out a head gasket or cracked block? Water pump is known and isn't that bad to fix. A lot of time, but not much money. But I don't want to take on a head gasket or cracked block.

Does it have either of these problems? Probably not, but maybe it does. At this point, it would be a great risk for someone with more time than I currently have and someone that is closer to the vehicle.

I am going to be junking the car very soon. Not much interest in the car or any parts even on this forum which is brand specific.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You could do a compression test, that'll help diagnose head gasket/cracked block. But, I understand not wanting to deal with it.
Are you able to remove and ship parts?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ok. It'll be at least a month before I know though. So if you need to get rid of it, let it go.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts