Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a picture like this Bonneville Club :: View topic - Headlight paint? where a guy painted the inside of his headlights black and it looks nice, now the silver reflective part is probably like that for a reason and I dont want to do anything illegal or that will effect my sight, so whats the deal can it be done with out any major problems
and if so how to?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
taking the headlight apart was a PITA for me...but once you get it apart, it would be self-explanatory...you need to keep the chrome where the hi-beams are and tape off the projector(obviously). i dont know how well the chrome sections will take paint, you might have to get out the sandpaper or paint thinner

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wich would be the inside hole correct? so in other words the outside of the circles and are around it would be black just not inside the circles..

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got the stuff to do this now and Im about to do it.. so scared I'll mess somethingup tho... wish me luck I will post what it looks like when Im done. :s

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finnaly got one light apart pretty easy but man took awhile, its ready for paint!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a black body absorb more light than the chrome thus drastically reducing your light output? I guess you're looking for style over functionality, I'm most intrigued to know how this turn out.... guess you've messed up your headlights by now.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hes not painting the reflector ( the mirror behind and direcly around the bulb). thats the only part that has anything thing to do with light output. if you painted that your light would be basically useless lol.. the rest of the light is only style. it can be any color you want it to be

·
Registered
245 Posts
hes not painting the reflector ( the mirror behind and direcly around the bulb). thats the only part that has anything thing to do with light output. if you painted that your light would be basically useless lol.. the rest of the light is only style. it can be any color you want it to be
I see.. I thought he was painting the reflector itself lol

I'd love to see how this turns out though.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep not painting the reflector Im all done now.. I will post pictures when I get some sun light in the morning, it has not effected light at all so thats cool. It changes the whole look of the front end it looks so much more aggresive/sporty now.. This whole process took about six hours only because I didnt really have the proper tools.. So excited to show you guys the finish product!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some night shots.. Didnt affect vision I'll get some more shots in the morning.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry about the picture being so large cant tell there blacked out really but I will snap a few more when the sun shines.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for some reason some will resize and some wont but you get the idea, I just wish I would have used a glossy black because this one kind of looks gray from certain angles.. Hope you like let me know what you think if anyone wants to know how to do this I can post a HOW TO. Thanks..

·
Registered
245 Posts
nice ...... really should've been gloss black though.. it does look sorta greyish and faded at one angle... a do over is in the works I'm guessing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
are those white stock rims i see? *raised an eye brow* this car would look so fuckin' awesome painted black instead of red, with the black headlights, and chrome rims.... 5% limo tint on all windows.... shiiiiit... just imagining what i would've done with it if it were mines lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts