Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 black pearl sport. I am a little concerned at the quality of its paintwork.
Whilst i appreciate that the car is built down to a price, a number of fairly deep stone chips have appeared and minor scratches seem to appear a lot easier than other cars i have owned. The car is not high mileage and does not do a great deal of motorway work.
Has anyone else experienced this with their Ignis?
Cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I to have a metallic black one and have lots of little tiny scartches all over the body work, and I've noticed some hard stone chips on the bonnet lip and bonnet also.

I bought some of that paint pen touch up stuff and have given it a go with not much success, it's really hard to get just right and feel as though you need a degree in painting skills to do it right.

There are polishes and things that I believe can get rid of tiny scartches etc...bit like Tcut but no way near as harsh.

But your right it is a little worrying as I bought mine new on the 1st September last year and can't believe the marks already...!!!...considering I have only covered 6000miles most of which are motorway...ummmm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably not related to this BUT the windscreen on mine needed replacing after a stone chip when it was a mere 5 months old !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by SVRider@Jan 31 2005, 03:33 AM
I have an 04 black pearl sport. I am a little concerned at the quality of its paintwork.
Whilst i appreciate that the car is built down to a price, a number of fairly deep stone chips have appeared and minor scratches seem to appear a lot easier than other cars i have owned. The car is not high mileage and does not do a great deal of motorway work.
Has anyone else experienced this with their Ignis?
Cheers.
black cars are the worst colour for showing every little chip an scratch in the paintwork

·
Registered
11 Posts
my Ignis is about 2 months old now, and the stone chips are really getting to me :angry: I have already got 5 or 6 pretty deep stone chips. The paint is adriatic blue, but the touch up pot that Suzuki sold me is more deep atlantic blue! I apply the paint extremely carefully, a little at a time with a tooth pick (forget the brush that comes with the paint pot) , but the finish still looks awful, with these blue blobs all over my bonnet. If it carries on like this, my car is going to look like it's got a contagious disease!
Rigoose

1 - 8 of 8 Posts