Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While replacing the interior panels in my car, I took my car to the car wash and found that water seeps through the tail lights, reflectors and side lights of my car. This water seepage has caused rust and corrosion which I am spending a lot of money to fix.

What sealants do you recommend to stop the water seepage? I am looking for a sealant that meets the following criteria:
  1. Clear
  2. Easy to peel off and remove (low adhesion)
  3. Will not damage car paint or plastics
In other words, I am looking for something similar to rubber cement which is sold in office supply stores.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
For a product to meet your criteria you could use a clear acrylic painters caulk.
GE makes a clear silicone caulk, it is not like a sealant - easier to work with.

Any of the better brands would probably work, 35-year guarantee too! LOL!

Don

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My leaks have been fixed with the purchase of new rear side marker lights (Suzuki parts #36530-56B00 and #36540-56B00) and new aftermarket Anzo USA 211134 black tail light assemblies. The Anzo tail light assemblies can be found on Amazon.

The gaskets or seals on the new parts are water-tight. I tested them by taking my 1989 Suzuki Sidekick to a car wash. Immediately after the car wash, I removed the tail light assemblies to find dry tail light compartments!

Thanks for everyone's help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts