Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys do regarding paint and body damage? Given their use, Sammys are not show cars--and mine certainly will not be. But given their tough use in rough conditions it seems to me that a certain amount of damage to the paint and body is inevitable.

My biggest concern is preventing rust. Remember, I live in rainy Oregon and the Sammy will not be garaged.

Any recommendations for what I should do regarding those inevitable scratches, scrapes and other damage to painted services.

Also, there are some existing dents in the front fenders and 1 door. I have looked at parts on-line and have been surprised how cheap one can pick up some replacement (salvaged) pieces. Is it better to have a body shop pound out the dents and keep the original doors and fenders or simply replace them with new, rust-free parts?

Finally, at some point I will probably need to get the whole thing repainted. The existing metallic paint has seen better days (understatement). Is there a particular type of paint or process that would give me maximum toughness, body protection and resistance to scratches and scrapes?

Thanks again,
Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Invest in stickers...
Example:

Place
Tree
Here!

J/K

I have used decent quality spray paint for most of my 'fixes'. I know I will eventually tap a rock or other imovable object with just about every part of my vehicle, so paying someone to fix my mistakes would get very costly. Heck, I even have dents in my hood and targa bar!

If the part can't be fixed with a hammer in the driveway, replace the part or cut it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts