Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you tail gate, you will get paint chips in any car. Are you really believing that Suzuki paint does attach itself to the body any worse than any other car?

How to fix paint chips, dont tailgate!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
The paint chips off easier than most cars dude....I've seen almost every single one we've sold come back chipped like crazy before the first oil change....only ones that don't chip are the ones that are repainted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you tail gate, you will get paint chips in any car. Are you really believing that Suzuki paint does attach itself to the body any worse than any other car?

How to fix paint chips, dont tailgate!
i 100% agree not one paint chip yet.....people just love to follow bs

·
Registered
5 Posts
The paint chips off easier than most cars dude....I've seen almost every single one we've sold come back chipped like crazy before the first oil change....only ones that don't chip are the ones that are repainted.
I agree I am dealing with that issue now. Suzuki has already repainted hood and admits to the paint being too thin. Mine measured 2.5 mil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I first went to dealership and complained and then had them have a Suzuki tech representative come in to look. I was also told of the on going problem with the paint issues by another dealership. I then took my car to a body shop and had the paint metered. Once I did that I went back to Suzuki with the report and in the end they agreed to paint the hood and trunk. I took it a step further and contacted an attorney. I recently had my entire car painted. Suzuki says their standard paint I 3.0 mil my car is now 5.7 which is more of a national standard. Its alot of work bit worth it. Good luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2010 kizashi in red....It has been painted 2 times by 2 different suzuki dealers since March of 2011. In the past 9 months my car has been in the shop getting paint work for a total of 67 days...I just got it back 4 weeks ago and low and behold the damn thing is chipping like crazy again. This issue with the cars is not a paint problem its deeper (think metal contamination). Even with all of this crap going on i'm still having trouble finding a good lawyer to lemon this thing out. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
9 Posts
We've had ours for 14,000 miles now and the paint is fine. Something doesn't seem right with the suzuki dealer not being able to provide a good paint job. I'm not sure I'd point to metal contamination though. Shotty work may be more to blame. I'd contact Suzuki itself and tell them whats happened. Maybe they can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Suzuki is refusing to do anything else with my car even though they acknowledged that I was right and it was chipping again. They are basically daring me to get a lawyer so that's what I've done. I will update this forum once the legal process has been completed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think paint problem is BS. I have 2012 Kizashi purchase 03/28/2012 and on bumper, trunk door, driver door and rocker panel passenger door, there they are little white dots. Went to wash my car and they are still there, guess what, it is LOL BS PAINT CHIPS. WTF car doesn"t have 2000 km on it.
And just so you know I DO NOT TAILGAIT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paint is an issue. My is showing some serious wear. Other cars I have dont have this problem and I don't do anything different with this car. While I agree rock chips do happen and to me they are pretty obvious the issues I have look more like a sandblast appearance. I will live with it but this is an issue. People that suggest they know others driving habits need to move on!

·
Registered
57 Posts
In my 2010, the (very) few paint chips that have appeared to date have been metal colored, not white. This suggests that Suzuki may have added a white undercoating layer. While I too would be annoyed, I would probably be happier seeing white than bare metal. I've used some touch-up paint (DrColorChip, or something like that - worked for me).

·
Banned
1 Posts
This issue has been well documented on auto forums all over the internet. I personally have experienced this problem and I don't see how paint chipping on the doors, trunk and side panels has anything to do with tailgating. My Kizashi is 2 years old and literally has 50+ chips on all areas of the car. The odd paint chip from rocks and sand on the hood or roof is normal but the problem is much worse than that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The USA models are made in Japan. My 2010 SLS has had a very few tiniest chips all on the hood. Used Dr Colorchip on them; but just used clearcoat on the last one which was over a year ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts