Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a set of headers from Pacesetter their longbody style for Samuai's. There is one particular tube on these headers that is the longest and has a split fit design. This tube is ratteling like crazy while driving my Samurai rattles worst around 3000-4000 rpms. I contacted Pacesetter they said to drive it for awhile and it will form a carbon seal. It's been awhile no carbon seal. I suppose I'm going to have to tact weld where the two pipes slip in to each other. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know anything about it?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
So the tubes are not welded correctly and they told you to wait for enough carbon to build up to for a seal?
So much for customer service... get out the welder.
Or better yet, get a Thorley.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i couldnt agree more about the thorley, theyre twice as much but you never have to replace them again, i know sammies that had them put on back in the early 90s that are still running beautiful and have never had a problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently purchased a set of headers from Pacesetter their longbody style for Samuai's. There is one particular tube on these headers that is the longest and has a split fit design. This tube is ratteling like crazy while driving my Samurai rattles worst around 3000-4000 rpms. I contacted Pacesetter they said to drive it for awhile and it will form a carbon seal. It's been awhile no carbon seal. I suppose I'm going to have to tact weld where the two pipes slip in to each other. Has anyone else experienced this issue or know anything about it?
I have experienced it. And until now I don't know what will do about it. That is why I went to welding shop to fix it. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts