Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that helped me on the rattle issue I had thanks and that rattle ended up being my pacesetter header that I had only had on for 2 years.One of the pipes coming off the manifold has a joint in it and its not welded..They said this was normal??Anyway that pipe fell off while driving down the road last week!I got in contact with pacesetter and spoke with a guy there,Joe. He was all about the fact I didnt still have a receipt and there for he could only pro rate a warranty..Ok,I was willing to just go along with it..The price was $119..I could get a new one for $149 with free shipping on ebay...So I said ok but would he go free shipping?He replied back he may could split it with me!!!!! OK,receipt or not,after 2 yrs their product failed and fell off going down the road and thats all they are willing to do!!!! I have to get another because my exhaust is sized to it...I would stay away from Pacesetter stuff cause they will not stand behind their products!!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pictures will help....
Are you talking about the heat riser???
If so: you don't need it. Just remove it.....
...Boxcar...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Pictures will help....
Are you talking about the heat riser???
If so: you don't need it. Just remove it.....
...Boxcar...
No, the Pacesetter is a four tube, thin wall tubing header. For some reason, ease of manufcturing, or, whatever, they use two pieces of tubing with a slip fit bell for the longest tube. The rattle drove me nuts, so, I slit the outer bell with my die grinder and put a clamp around it. I can't see how the vibration the slip fit allowed could be a good thing. Mine still leaks a small amount of exhaust at the joint, but no more rattle. We'll see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats right,thats how its made???I wonder if it could be welded?? I cant beleive they hung me out on it after only 2 yrs! I mean,it fell OFF going down the road!!!! My replacement I got off ebay will be here wed so Ill have to see about having it welded or something???

·
Registered
264 Posts
I probably would have welded mine before I installed it, had I know it was going to leak and rattle. Once it was on the Suzuki, It was just eaiser to put a clamp on it. I'll weld it when I have it off to do the engine rebuild (if it last that long).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts