Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! p0716, car in safe mode 4th gear.

Started yesterday, very jerky shifting. Didnt throw CEL and thought it was TRS, which I ordered last night for next day delivery.

It looks like it is the Input speed sensor.

Is this something I can do myself or dealer?
After some research it looks like I have to drop oil pan and the sensor is on valve B in vlave body.

What to do?

·
Super Moderator
18,422 Posts
Model and year? :huh:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi. welcome to the forum! if its the input speed sensor thats bad your going to have to get into the valve body. heres the link to the online service manual. if you go down and click on service manual then transmission, then zf4hp16, then maintenance, on vehicle service you can see the diagram of where the part is under the control valve body section.. there might be some other info your interested in there too.
Daewoo Service Manual
you can also get an idea of whats involved in the repair also. let us know what you find out and if thats your actual problem. anything else just ask!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah supposedly they don't sell the internal speed sensor. If that's the problem a new transmission maybe needed. I replaced the range sensor, still screwed up. It was giving me p0733 , incorrect third gear ratio. Went ahead and put it in the shop for a transmission swap. Was thinking about dumping it and getting a new car, but if the suzuki can give me another year or two, I will be happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts