Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
A series of events. Yesterday morning when I tried to start the car, it kept cranking and wouldn't turn over. I suspected a bad battery. I finally managed to start and drove for a few miles and returned. Later I tried to start again, wouldn't start but CEL came on.

Today I was able to start and took it to AUtozone to get battery checked. They said it was bad and replaced it (130 bucks, it cost me, wow!).

They checked CEL and the code was P062F. They couldn't find a hit in their database and google said "
DTC Description: (Internal Control Module) Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EEPROM) Error"

Also noticed that my cruise control not working anymore, i.e. I can't even turn it on.

Any suggestions, thoughts are welcome...
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The CEL went away and I found out that when CEL is on Cruise doesn't work. I think the CEL might have come on after I didn't close the petrol tank properly.

·
Registered
882 Posts
...it kept cranking and wouldn't turn over. I suspected a bad battery....
If battery is good enough to crank and keep cranking....then it is not bad....

Please add details on year, model, transmission type, AWD OR NOT...

ahh..found it in another of your posts.... 2010 Suzuki SX-4 sedan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If battery is good enough to crank and keep cranking....then it is not bad....

Please add details on year, model, transmission type, AWD OR NOT...

ahh..found it in another of your posts.... 2010 Suzuki SX-4 sedan
Well anyway the guys at Autozone made me get a new battery as I said, I had had the one that came with the care for a bit over 5 years, so not feeling too bad.

Thank you for taking the trouble to look at prior posts to find the make and model!

Regards

·
Registered
882 Posts
... battery ...came with the care for a bit over 5 years, so not feeling too bad.
Yes..after 5 years or so the battery is a write off.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
My daughter left the lights on last night on her 2013 SX4 JA FWD Automatic and it depleted the battery. I boosted the car with my other car and it started but is throwing code P062F now. I've put the battery under charge for now. Do you think the code might have been caused by the battery being depleted? Hopefully it will go away on its own, we just bought her this car used a few weeks ago and already spent 800$ in repairs, ball joint, both tie-rod-ends, one inner tie rod and front rotors and pads.

Sheesh... I had a Sidekick for 21 years and it never gave me these many problems!

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
That's a generic PCM eprom code, means the pcm either has an internal fault, or its internal memory is well and truly scrambled.
More than likely a result of jump starting the car, quite possibly damaging the powertrain (transmission) control module.

You can try disconnecting the battery (hopefully you're not charging it in the car) and leaving it for a couple of hours then reconnect a fully charged battery, positive lead first, negative lead last and see if the code has gone.

I suspect it will still be there and the transmission will default to fixed shift points or be in limp mode.

This will require the services of a good diagnostic technician, not a mechanic to confirm exactly what's failed.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,678 Posts
That is a common code the ECU pukes out when the vehicle has an attempted start with a weak battery, system voltage drops to the point the KAM in ECU is corrupt..

A cold boot most often restores the system..

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,678 Posts
1/2 hr should be more than enough, but considering you are in Canada, wait till fall...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually the CEL went away on its own after starting and shutting the engine off a few times. The traction control off icon shut off after driving the car for about 3km. Maybe less.
All is good and the universe is balanced again.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
the traction control icon needs at least 200 metres of straight line driving with no wheel movement to detect and reset steering angle sensor which would have been one issue. the other would be the ABS module getting annoyed at the jump start and low volts it detected.
Disconnecting the battery and cold booting the car would have fixed that issue sooner.

Reactions: Lord_galathon2
1 - 12 of 12 Posts