Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to what I've read it could be caused by a number of things.
Air flow leaks or the MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor could be dirty or faulty?
The vehicle runs great, no misfire and has a steady idle speed.
Bank 1 apparently is the side of the engine that has cylinder #1
No spare time as yet to do a full check, but today I had a quick look at the air intake hose and the vacuum hoses for leaks, and I've sprayed water around them listening for any change in sound but I didn't notice any changes in revs.
I've cleared the code for now and will monitor it over the next few days to see if it reappears.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,518 Posts
As you have 2 banks, the MAF and intake feed both, rarely affect only one bank..

Time to connect a scanner and monitor the fuel trims..

Reactions: ruggedtank

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
Ruggedtank, please put the vehicle details in your signature so you wont have to put them in every thread you start - bank 1 is the bank of cylinders on a vee engine that has cylinder #1, I believe you have the in-line four J20a, so there is only one bank.

·
Registered
11,518 Posts
ruggedtank, post:
Bank 1 apparently is the side of the engine that has cylinder #1

Would this not indicate there is more than one bank ? We shall have to wait for clarification..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: it hasn't returned since clearing the code... still monitoring!
Bank 1 refers to the number one cylinder bank, which means the bank where the number one cylinder is located. On an inline four cylinder engine (mine), this is the only cylinder bank.
Is this correct?
Line Font Circle Rectangle Pattern

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ruggedtank, please put the vehicle details in your signature so you wont have to put them in every thread you start - bank 1 is the bank of cylinders on a vee engine that has cylinder #1, I believe you have the in-line four J20a, so there is only one bank.
Thanks for the info.
I did attempt to put vehicle details into my sig but apparently it failed to show? I'll try again :)

·
Registered
11,518 Posts
It still hold, #1 Bank is the one with #1 cylinder is front most, as you only have one bank in a straight engine, that would be #1 bank..

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Fuel trims at idle and 3000 rpms, and if you can, graph upstream and downstream sensors, that should give a good start as to wherever you're chasing a leak or a bad sensor. Given the cost of them, diagnosis is essential. Ok, ok, im part Scottish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts