Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. Got a Check engine light on, code P0140 what could it be causing it? I cleared the code last week because google said its a generic obd2 code for oxygen sensor and that it could be random. So i cleared it but its back so something up, just dont know what. I dont want to start replacing sensors or cats or anything till i know for sure.
2007 2.7L v6 grand vitara manual 4x4

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,095 Posts
What causes a P0140 code?
The most common causes of data trouble code P0140 are: Damaged Oxygen sensor wiring (open, shorted, burnt) Damaged Oxygen sensor connector (loosely, corroded, disconnected or bent pins) Bad downstream oxygen sensor

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What causes a P0140 code?
The most common causes of data trouble code P0140 are: Damaged Oxygen sensor wiring (open, shorted, burnt) Damaged Oxygen sensor connector (loosely, corroded, disconnected or bent pins) Bad downstream oxygen sensor
Thanks I'll check to see what condition the sensor and its wires appear to be in.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
They do die over time, how many kms on it and which engine? Check wiring and connectors first, then graph operation and see what its doing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They do die over time, how many kms on it and which engine? Check wiring and connectors first, then graph operation and see what its doing.
90000kms 2.7l v6 2007
Dont know what you mean by graph operation.
My coolant seems abit low but oil level and colour is find and clean.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
90000kms 2.7l v6 2007
Dont know what you mean by graph operation.
My coolant seems abit low but oil level and colour is find and clean.
I mean use a OBD2 code reader to graph the sensor operation. Basic ELM based one is about $20 online and the torque app on the cell phone works well. This will give you a good starting point as to whether its a wiring issue or a dying sensor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, Rislone injector cleaner turned out to be the cause of my o2 sensor code. Lucky for me i found out before i brought a the new sensor. Rislone petrol injector cleaner is very thick and can cause problems in the catalytic converter that then makes the 02 sensor behind the cat to throw a code. I found out because i also put rislone injector cleaner in my wifes car and it had a check engine light the week after mine, after a bit of head scratching i realised the only thing in common between the two vehicles was the injector cleaner. Cleared the code twice in total on my GV and 3 times on the wifes car, after refuelling both cars the codes havent been seen in the last 2 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts