Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need a new o2 sensor for my 2006 104K mile forenza.

Where to buy? They are sooooo darn much at the regular old parts stores.

Will a generic one work? What about for other models? I think I read somewhere that one for an optima might work or some such? Any other models? Cheaper places to buy?

I can wire the thing in myself, don't need to pay more for a specific plug.

Am doing the whole timing belt/water pump/tune up/brakes thing this weekend.

Turns out all those parts really add up!!!! And what's with the water pump price...OUCH!

Any advice?

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you on the O2 sensor.... there are many out there on Ebay and other parts sites that claim to work for the application, but its hit and miss. I tried one off ebay several years back and it only worked decently once the car fully warmed up (before that it would cause stuttering and wacky air/fuel ratios). If you do end up finding a cheaper one that works let us know :)

You might want to try the site www.rockauto.com I've ordered decent parts in the past for our cars from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks. I had not considered Ebay until right after I posted. I have a coupon for one of the chain parts stores so I was leaning that way but ebay is so much cheaper than retail even with a coupon. Might try that route. I think my TPS is acting up also so may just sell the thing and not worry with the repairs. It is just time for quite a lot of repairs all at once plus the o2 and possibly the TPS so who knows. Thanks for the Ebay and rock auto tips though.

Chad

·
Registered
1 Posts
Be Careful with 02 Sensors

Hey Chad.
Just a word of warning- you may spend more with the cheaper 02 sensors. I bought new o2 sensors last year (my car was around 100k mileage) did the water pump, spark plugs, new shocks-the whole bit. After purchasing off brand o2 sensors, thinking they would work fine, I've now discovered that not only have they seriously affected my gas milage, but my check engine light will not go off. Long story short-my car doesn't like them. Now, a year later, I'm looking at spending the extra money to get the right brand o2 sensors just so I can pass inspection.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi chadecoen i agree you might not want to go the cheap rout for the o2 sensors. ngk is a good brand along with bosh. are you sure that you need new o2 sensors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts