Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, it's my 1st post.

I just got a letter i the mail about optra 5 and optra wagon cars Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) not working properly for the rear centre seat.
Used to secure a baby seat after fully extending the seat belt.
Something to look into if your carryin a child.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just got a letter i the mail about optra 5 and optra wagon cars Automatic Locking Retractor (ALR) not working properly for the rear centre seat.
Is it only an owner notice or a recall? I'll wait to see if this also includes my 2005 Optra Wagon

If true, I consider this as a serious safety risk... Lucky me, I'm strapping my child's seat using the "LATCH" system. New child's seats have their own belts that attach to standardized hooks in the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently got a notice about a faulty brake light switch.

Has anyone had any problems with their brake light being lit even though the brakes are not applied?

I haven't had any problems but this seems like a serious recall.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I wonder if its the same for the suzuki forenza since they are the same car, only a different manufacturer.
Both cars are manufactured in the same plant. I've only seen some minor changes between your US sold Suzuki our Canadian Optra. So far I think it's limited to: hood, grille, HVAC control, radio. Weird thing is I don't understand is the Canadian engine sold as a 119HP, but the American one brags 131HP? Am I right?

If you fear your car might have been forgotten on this, why not call your Suzuki 1-800 number, or even a dealer. I only had to give them my VIN to check on this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The reasoning for more hp in the states is the fact that they are going against the Honda Civic sales. Other than that the cars are very similar. Only the front end is different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts