Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Since while I'm experiencing engine overheating and I replaced the following but still overheating:
Radiator replaced with new one.
Thermostat replaced with new one.
Coolant also replaced with recommended one by dealer.
No leaks detected.
Please help me what ells to do other than selling my car:(

·
Super Moderator
17,905 Posts
What engine and trans?

Overheats when? Sitting still, only at speed, only when using A/C or in any and every mode?

Is it truly overheating or is it a gauge issue?

Fan clutch operable? Electric fan working?

Radiator and coolant recovery tanks maintain proper operation with regards to levels?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does your heater work? If it does then you have coolant flow which is required. If you still have overheating issues then suspect defective tstat or other restrictions or possibly insufficient heat exchange at the radiator. I have a simple rule for burping. Run 5 minutes off 5 minutes. Run 4 minutes off 4 minutes. ..etc. it's very rare to make it to 0. Typically in the 3 minute area the car needs a gallon more and heat starts working great

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply,
It's overheating while driving on low speed, when A/C working no issue.
Fan working properly (Operates when gage is little bet over half and then gage goes down below half.
I've no idea how to judge on the clutch!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gage only reach a little bet over half when driving and still.
Coolant recovery tank level is working from time to time level reduces little bet.
Engine: 3.6L Tans: Auto

·
Super Moderator
17,905 Posts
I'm not as familiar with your later 3.6 engine configuration as I am with earlier models, thus I assume that you HAVE a mechanical fan w/clutch arrangement along with one, possibly two electric fans. Need to know please.

That said:

It's overheating while driving on low speed, when A/C working no issue.
Then it appears that the fan clutch is not engaging properly at low vehicle speed. Case in point, vehicle movement at speed provides proper cooling via air naturally forced thru the radiator.

To check the fan clutch if so configured...with the cooling system fully up to temp and sitting idle, turn off the engine and immediately attempt to rotate the fan by hand. It should have significant resistance. IF it free-spins easily, it is suspect as it is not engaging. Additionally when the fan / clutch is correctly engaged, an audible but light "roar" can be heard.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah fan clutch sounds right or less likely water pump impeller. What shape is your fan shroud and could there possibly be a burp valve you haven't opened yet. Does the heat still work when the overheating occurs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could it possible that engine head gasket has damage?
As it happened first time I faced overheat I kept the engine running while I opened the recovery tank to release the steam faster and pressure to help engine cooling faster with adding water into the recovery tank.

·
Super Moderator
17,905 Posts
Adding water to the overflow tank won't provide water to the engine. Only to the tank in that scenario.

Now, continuing to RUN the engine in an overheat state can cause damage.

If you suspect a head gasket issue, have the cooling system tested for combustion gases present (leaking) in to the coolant system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi MAX,
I checked my fan (It's electrical type) I checked the fan first speed once the heat was rising up and I found it working at low speed.
I marked the coolant recovery tank level at 11th of Nov and today I noticed that it's reduced about 5 mm!!!
What do you think!!!

·
Super Moderator
17,905 Posts
Have you one or two fans in the fan assembly?

Have you still indications of overheating? :huh:

Continue monitoring the overflow resevoir for signs of coolant loss as you may have a system leak to contend with. Gauge the level with the same (engine cold) conditions, for best accuracy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I have similar issue, i had the electric fan plug melt down from internal electric spikes - looks like it was loose or bad quality. so i decided to switch the whole fan and the plug, unfortunate i switched the wire polarity while assembling it, which makes the fan rotate in reverse direction - so it take a while to realize that. Be careful and make sure to test the airflow with a paper. airflow supposed to come from out towards the engine.

So, you have to check the following:-

- airflow for both fans when high speed engaged.
- socket wire for none working fan (if any).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Max,
Still I’m facing overheating.
Last time I replaced the recovery tank after system been checked and found it’s leaking.
But again now heating while driving up hell’s and A/C running and even while driving on low speed.
Please what to do?
System sitting checked and found fan low speed and high normal!

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Use an IR gun and check the temp at the thermostat and water pump....

Have you checked the rad for contamination....

.... Philip

·
Super Moderator
17,905 Posts
It has been a couple of years since we last talked. From the sounds of your situation now (and age of the vehicle), I would first suspect a clogged radiator internally OR externally (fins partially blocked).

That's presuming that the fans are operating as you say, correctly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It has been a couple of years since we last talked. From the sounds of your situation now (and age of the vehicle), I would first suspect a clogged radiator internally OR externally (fins partially blocked). That's presuming that the fans are operating as you say, correctly.
Yes, you’re right. As said system checked for clogging and found OK]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts