Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my girlfriends 08 Forenza for a few days, but we are stumped. The car overheated due to a bad thermostat, so we changed the thermostat. It still overheated so we checked the water pump, the radiator, and the radiator fans, which were all good. We did change the radiator/reservoir cap, since it wasn't that expensive. If we drive the car for about 30-40 minutes the temperature will start to rise and eventually get to the red-line. The fans seem to run all the time, I don't know why they do, but they do. We can't see any oil/antifreeze mix anywhere, no steam out of the exhaust. When we stop the car after it overheats the hose going into the thermostat is solid and way to hot. It is almost like the thermostat isn't working, but I feel like it should either work or not work and it should over heat sooner if it is broken. I am at a loss, I appreciate your time for reading this.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hmm. im not positive about this. it is possible that the thermostat is sticking. maybe theyll let you bring it back and get a different one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts