Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 4 samurias here and all of them have the last spring in the rear flipped up side down?if i flip it the other way it looks to me i would gain a little lift oae maybe help my saggy springs.and would they work in the front any 1 ever done this before or am i wasting my time? thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The overload spring is actually supposed to be flat. As they get old they tend to sag into an inverted arch. This sping is to give support to the pack when it reaches full flex, but the ends aren't secured in the straps to the rest of the leaf pack so it won't make your ride to stiff. It's not going to add any lift to the vehicle if you flip it or tuck it into the pack. Your spring pack is progressive so the more it compresses the harder it is to flex. Putting the overload spring in the pack will just make it hard to compress further into the pack, but shouldn't affect how it sits, or flexes at the top of the spring pack. You wouldn't notice removing them unless you carry heavy loads or tow a trailer, and a set of coil overs helper springs on the shocks would probably do a better job of supporting your rig than the overload leaf springs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts