Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
change your thermostat.check fan clutch if too much slippage take it out and apart put any rtv silicone sealant inside of it and reinstall it. but first thing is make sure ur not leaking fluid and run 50 oercent coolant 50 percent water if you ran or are runing just water and its brown well.... flush it all out.dont let any car run over the half way mark or you will blow head gasket. thats alot of money

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya thanks for the adive...I had a look and i do have brown water in the radiator, so I will flush it out and do the 50/50 water..coolent and see how I go with that.

my fan is ok as I have tested that and there is not slippage! so only thing left after that is the radiator or thermostat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
just change the stat. its cheap and should be changed often too. very easy to do. its 2 ten mm bots unplug the sensor above it remove and replace and your done i did mine in my 87 sammy a few weeks ago temp now dont go above second line on gauge it had a 196f stat i put a 180 temp stat.if that stat valve ever gets stuck closed bcuz of age ur going to have probems and if it stuck open too.i paid 5 bucks for my stat at autozone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts