Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Saturday I picked up my new Suzuki Ignis Hybrid 2019 plate. It is the SZ5 one, I had a 208 before this. Just so different to drive and so much to get used to.

One question when I pull up at traffic lights it says Idling Stop unavailable. Can someone give me some advice please?

Thank you xx

·
Registered
16 Posts
So Saturday I picked up my new Suzuki Ignis Hybrid 2019 plate. It is the SZ5 one, I had a 208 before this. Just so different to drive and so much to get used to.

One question when I pull up at traffic lights it says Idling Stop unavailable. Can someone give me some advice please?

Thank you xx
Congrats on the new car, few reasons for the stop start. First and the likely reason is clutch pedal needs to be released and in neutral for it to work. Or the engine is not warm enough (little blue symbol) it could also be manually switched off.
Enjoy and hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much I didn't realise if I was at the lights that I took my foot off it would work. Thank you I went and tried it and it did. X

·
Registered
757 Posts
You'll find that it occasionally doesn't kick in - particularly in Winter. Note you can also adjust the sensititvity vis a vis the AC - I have mine set in auto mode which kills the AC when stationary making the stop/start more likely to stop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts