Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again !!! I will like to update the rear on my sami!!! i'm going with 2wd...so my Q' is!!! what rear can I inst in my sami, with disc brakes with no or little problem??? or I'm going to cut and re-spline one to fit!!!! input!!!please.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
2WD, you could put just about anything in it.
I would look for a late 70's Jeep Wagoneer. You will get a Dana 44 with the right offset for the Zook and more strength then you will ever need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at a Ford explore 8.8 with 373 gears and the off set is the same as the Samuel!!! But I will need to narrow! !! It will be good cuz the rear disc and posi.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure the Dana is bullet proof!!! but the 8.8 is a good rear and like it said I will have 3.73,posi unit,and rear disc brake...I was hoping not to do a lot off work but I guess it will be for the best.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The 8.8 is an OK at best axle. It's to wide and has week flanges.
The 1971 and earlier CJ5 rears are the correct width, offset, and the 44 has every gear set in the world available for it. The disk conversion for the 44 is cheap as well.
72 and later are a centered axle (you will need one once you remove the transfer case)
373 gears stock correct width and cheap.
The Wag is 58" wide. A bit on the wide side.
You will be hard pressed to find a better axle than the cj5 44 for your aplication....
It's what the Viper is running........Boxcar...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts