Suzuki Forums banner

Options for adding shoulder strap seat belts to rear seat on U.S. Samurai

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Limewater 
#1 ·
Hello!

I am located in the U.S. and do not presently own a Samurai, but am in the market for a soft-top. One of the things I am trying to nail down before making a purchase is how best to make the rear seat safer so that my kids can ride with me. I am not planning any serious off-roading. If I can find a vehicle close to stock (in my dreams...) I would probably want to try to keep it as close to stock as possible, apart from modifications for safety purposes.

I could probably modify a rear cage to install shoulder straps, but something a little more professional would probably be safer and would definitely have a higher spousal approval factor.

I have mixed feelings about the seatbelt mod on izook. I can't post a link since this is my first post, but it comes up if you search "samuirai installing sidekick rear seat belts" in a popular search engine.

I am not aware of any rear cage for the samurai that allows the install of shoulder straps without aftermarket modification on my part. Racing harnesses were mentioned to me, but I don't really know what would be needed for such an install. Do any of y'all know of any simpler solutions that I am overlooking?

Thank you very much, and have a nice day!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.