Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start the Reno cold(cold temps outside) there's a couple things I notice. First is that the exhaust in the back makes a popping
Noise almost like knuckles cracking. It's not coming from the pipe, it's within the system. And it doesn't do it
For very long. Also, the first
Time driving for the day of after it's sat for a while, as I'm holding my foot to the gas(holding a steady rpm, not necessarily accelerating) the rpm ever so slightly move up an then back down. Repeatedly until I let off the gas. Barely enough to feel it. But you can hear it. Any thoughts on either topic????? Are there bigger issues that I need to be worrying about? Thanks in advance.

Also as an update to all who read about the alternator problem, it was the alternator and I had it replaced. I'm taking it to the dealership to try to convince them that they should flush the coolant for me, as they should have noticed it's brown color and fixed the problem before displaying the car.
Do you think it would be fair to ask them to also replace the seeping valve
Cover gasket??
Please can I have some responses, nobody has been responding to my posts. Thanks again

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
i would definitely mention the problems to the dealer. as i said before if the coolant is brown that could mean there is oil in it which would probably mean a blown head gasket. the only way to find out is to have someone look at the car. be careful though dealers can be tricky. even if the head gasket is bad they might just flush the coolant and tell you its fine. its cheaper for them to do that. you might want to bring it to a local trusted mechanic first. as for the valve cover gasket they might fix it. cant hurt to ask. if not it shouldnt cost much to have fixed. you might be able to even do it yourself. i would definitely have the coolant issue checked first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts