Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a set of Trail-Gear 6.5 transfer case gears and got around to installing them this weekend. OMG, what a difference! I have 32" tires and with the stock gearing it was bad off road in the sense that it was very easy to stall when going over steep or challenging terrain. Also was bad on the highway as I was often limited to 3rd gear. Only drove it a few minutes tonight but now in 4 wheel drive low it seems like it will be nearly impossible to stall it. Put it against the curb and with no gas it climbed right up like nothing was there. Did a quick run on the freeway and gearing seems perfect for the power it has. I can actually use 5th gear now and keep up with traffic. Can't wait to take it off road and crawl over stuff without having to slip my clutch to keep the Sammy from stalling out.

I have a Harbor Freight press I planned to use which was about 1" too small which really annoyed me as I didn't want to buy a larger one just for this. So I pulled out my cheapo HF welder and extended the legs 10". Worked great to press the bearings and shafts in and out. Can you see some other redneck improvisation in the photo? Hey, it worked... :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts