Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, i just fixed the Ol man Emu suspension kit for my Gypsy(Samurai in INdia). i dont see much of a change in comfort or handling - is there any place i can download an installation manuals - so that i can figure out what i have done wrong..
Thanx in advance..
Santosh

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Lift kits and suspensions that use the stock mounting points (stock length spring) won't make your ride more comfortable or better handling. A over-arched lift spring will give you more ground clearance and a tighter spring rate which ends up giving you a little harder ride. An extended mounting point using longer drop shackles, or relocating the hangers or extending the frame is the only way you can soften the ride, and that requires a longer spring.

The OME spring kit will give you a higher ride, and it will allow you to carry a heavier load and hit harder bumbs and obstacles without bottoming out your suspension. But for normal driving, it's still going to feel stiff and rigid, more so than the stock springs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A common mistake with leaf spring suspensions is to overtighten the eye bolts. If they are too tight they actually limit the travel and will ride harsh. I use nylon lock nuts and don't crank down on them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts