Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just got an ignis old shape, the tailgate handle seems flimsy and has pulled off (I think the dealer took it off to respray but didn't re fit properly)

The other thing is you gave to use both hands,, one to press the release button, and at the sale time the other hand to pull the boot open.
This seems very inconvenient, is this how they normally work ?
I was wondering iif I can put a squishy bit of rubber behind to force the door ooen once the button has been pressed .

Another thing I wondered is if I could replace the whole tailgate with one with a spoiler from an ignis sport ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
771 Posts
Old age plastic problem with original plastic garnish/handle. I have several good ones in Australia. Problem happens when owners pull handle without unlocking back door and also when not pressing button in fully to unlatch back door fully before pulling on handle. It's like an excited gorilla eating chips from a bag of chips, something is going to get broken and there will be a mess at the end - that's the way it is! Best you owners with good handles focus on listening for the release click before reefing on the handle!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hi, I have just got an ignis old shape, the tailgate handle seems flimsy and has pulled off (I think the dealer took it off to respray but didn't re fit properly)
Also quite possible - dealers are ......................

Licensed Criminals in my country and are protected by the law.

No one wants to be rude in my country, so the Licensed Criminals get away with the morale crimes they commit!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tailgate can be opened one handed with thumb on the release button and other fingers on the handle. I pulled my handle off, leaving some bits still stuck to the mounting bolts. Unclip interior trim, remove all bolts and repair using big dobs of body filler - tried various glues at first but the webs are thin so there is little to stick together. Not pretty but effectively invisible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts