Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about LSD but thinking i can just weld up the spider gears and run this does anyone have any suggestions who has done this before ....pros and cons please

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Here is a can of worms just wigglin to git out...

First of all, if you can find a real Zook option LSD, snatch it up and guard it with your life. Although one of the zook vendors out there still has it on their site, they haven't sold one (or stocked one) in many, many years.

And welding up perfectly good gears... well, thats throwing money down the toilet. It will work as a solid locker until the gears explode. Been there, watched it happen a few times. But you will be buying new parts when you decide to run a real locker.

If you want a solid locker, look up the mini spool. It works well without damaging your parts. Just don't put it in front...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Listen to Bill . He speaks the truth. The mini spool for the Zuke is around $100
It's a no brainer to install. It will make the little Zuke push pretty bad while negotiating a parking space in the rain though......Boxcar....

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is this vehicle driven on the street or for straight up trail use?

Tony

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is driven on the street for about three more months then strictly off road thats why the welded gears arent so bad for me and also ill be running tractor tires so when its converted it wont be very street friendly anyway.....by the way i have four extra diffs front and back so if i mess up with one ill have another go at it but the mini spool sound good ill research it but anyone with info can add it will be appreciated

·
Registered
686 Posts
I use a lock-rite rear/ARB front but mine is plated and needs to be street drivable, by the end of this year it will be my ONLY cage left, selling all my vehicles to hit the road in an RV with this Samurai in tow. It not only has to drive well but has to tow well.

Since yours is going to be a trail rig I would definitely X2 a spool. Cheap, effective and easy.

Tony

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool thanks Tony i think ill do that i saw them on amazon for $29 a 39 spline i think dont know if this is the correct one but ill look it up

·
Registered
212 Posts
Having towed my Sami to Chili Challenge several times here's what it did.
Lockrite in front same in back. towed with manners.
Lockrite in rear mini spool in rear towed with less manners.
Lockrite in rear open in front. towed with manners.

A buddy welded rear...broke axles and gears.
Same buddy welded rear/front ... broke axles and gears.
He was using big 33 tires.
Mashed the skinny one all the time.

Never broke anything in any configuration on mine.
Gently on the go pedal.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Billjohn we met at the Chilli Challenge in the late 90's
Was there from Far north. BC Canada.
Was the most fun one could have in the desert.
Here the trails are usually wet and always treed.
Our rocks take chunks out of our rigs, unlike your desert rocks.
Watched u on the forum and wondered if it was the same fella.
Always enjoy ur wisdom around our Rice burners.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
I was just surfing some of the vendor sites and found that Trail Tough has gotten a shipment of Limited Slip Differentials that have been off the market for many years! If you need 'em, go get 'em!
Quantities are limited!
Limited Slip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts