Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like an odd question, but here it is.

Can the old Samurai Body be swapped onto a newer Sidekick or Tracker frame or chassis?

The idea would be to have the old style body with the newer driveline, frame, engine, suspension, steering and braking systems. Newer ride, old style look and appeal.

·
Registered
616 Posts
samurai on a trackick frame.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: The Sidekick/Tracker/Vitara frame is designed to allow the passenger and driver to sit lower towards the ground.

The Samurai frame is relative flat. Putting a Samurai body on a Sidekick/Tracker/Vitara frame would require a lot of fabrication, bracing and would generally look... what would the proper phrase be... ummm... Well, lets say it would be somewhere between Hillbilly and Gangsta. Maybe just plain Ugly would work best.

On top of that, there are legal implications to deal with. While such a Frankensteinian creation is not exactly what the laws about altered vehicles were written for, nearly every state in the US have laws that discourage the swapping of frames or bodies on vehicles. This is mostly directed at chop-shops operations who steal a car specifically for the body or the frame in an effort to rebuild a wreck and turn some fast cash.

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is extremely helpful, thank you.

I have only worked with the Trackers and Sidekicks, knowing that the frame is significantly different helps allot with compatibility questions. So long story short, they truly are different vehicles all together.

If I want to get into an old school Sami I need to be sure the chassis is intact.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Since you are in the Las Vegas area, Google "Suzuki John".

He is a longtime Samurai parts vendor and also sells used Samurais!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts