Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil is okay, changed last September and level is good.
Why has the oil/spanner light come on and stays on , could this be draining the battery as problem starting.
It’s a Suzuki swift sz3 2014.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
That's your oil change and service indicator, set to come on after a pre determined interval, usually reset via a scan tool. Doesnt matter when you change the oil and filter, it will still come on at the designated service interval. This is explained in the owners handbook

Wont be related to your staring issues, get battery checked for state of charge and cold cranking capacity, when did it have a new battery last?
You dont describe what you mean by hard starting, slow cranking? Cranks ok but takes a while to fire? More symptoms and a better description would help.

·
Super Moderator
15,793 Posts
Any light that stays on after the ignition is switched off will drain the battery, but I doubt that is what you meant by "come on and stays on"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's your oil change and service indicator, set to come on after a pre determined interval, usually reset via a scan tool. Doesnt matter when you change the oil and filter, it will still come on at the designated service interval. This is explained in the owners handbook

Wont be related to your staring issues, get battery checked for state of charge and cold cranking capacity, when did it have a new battery last?
You dont describe what you mean by hard starting, slow cranking? Cranks ok but takes a while to fire? More symptoms and a better description would help.
Hi, got it all sorted now thank you 👍🏻
A friend tested the battery and that was fine.
Had an oil change last September and not even done 1,000 miles since then.
I googled the problem of car just about starting and could the oil/spanner light be draining battery ?
I found a video and it explained how to cancel out & clear the oil service light and since then the suzuk has started fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any light that stays on after the ignition is switched off will drain the battery, but I doubt that is what you meant by "come on and stays on"
Hi
The oil/spanner light ( oil service indicator ) is now off and the suzuk starts fine now.
Thanks for your reply 👍🏻

·
Registered
1 Posts
I googled the problem of car just about starting and could the oil/spanner light be draining battery ?
I found a video and it explained how to cancel out & clear the oil service light and since then the suzuk has started fine.
How did you get it cleared

·
Super Moderator
15,793 Posts
This is a topic that's likely to come up frequently because of cars parked during the pandemic, so let me address one aspect of it.

Mileage driven should not be the only consideration when scheduling an oil change, repeated short journeys and the associated stopping & starting of the engine are known to cause wear at a higher rate, moisture, acids & other combustion byproducts remain trapped in the oil when the engine is not allowed to properly reach and run at operating temperature, frequent or at least more frequent oil changes should be considered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did u reset please

1 - 9 of 9 Posts