Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2005 Forenza and have big oil leak it comes from above the oil filter I did remove the timing belt cover and did run the engine put cant locate the leak 100% sure.....

The only thing I can imagine is a leak from the pump nothing else is in this area I will replace timing belt and all the pullys and water pump since I have to remove the belt anyway.

My kit also comes with cam seals how I replace those can I just take the old ones out with a pic and than prey the new seals in carefully ?
I For oil pump I need to remove the oil pan and rear timing belt cover ?

Is there a oil pan gasket available is it still done with gasket maker ?
Thanks for you help guys
:cool:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi Agentsnake welcome to the forum! the leak by the oil pump is probably the oil pump gasket. its very hard to see until you actually get in there. i had this problem on my car. changed the gasket and no leak since. if theres no leak or problem with the cam seals theres really no need to change them. if you really want ot change them heres a link to the online service manual. it has all the procedures in it. itll tell you how to change the oil pump also. as for the oil pan just use the gasket maker. ive been told by engine builders if there was no gasket there, dont put one there.
Daewoo Service Manual
anything else just ask!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 7 thanks for your link ..... Do you know if it works to remove the oil pan if I only frop the front of exhaust and remove the 2 engine mounts in order to lift the engine ... ? This will save me to crawl far under the car to remove the bolts on cat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
timing belt to loose

Hello well today I try to but the new belt on.
Have the oil pump installed and oil pan is back on all good so far ....
Here is my problem I have all the timing makes good and after I got the belt on I can turn the tensioner all the way around and still have not enough tension.
I did try to move the water pump a little but this did not help did also try to use the old belt just to see if the other belt is a little longer. same problem.
And because I get not the right tension my pointer stays all the way low. as soon the tensioner pointer moves a little I am alrwady at max point and it jumps over .... I hope you understand what I try to say :)

Well at this point I don't know what to do I did spend way to much time on this for today and decide to stop and see if I can get some help with this tensioner looks to me like a total piece of junk. :lol:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
is it a new tensioner pulley? are you sure you ran the belt the correct way? i know your supposed to turn the key till it in the new belt position then tighten the bolt. turn the engine two times to make sure everything is still in the correct position. if not you have to do it again. i can look in my copy of the service manual tomorrow and see if it says something different

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi 7 here some pictures

at this point I am at the limit of the tension I can get but the pointer is not between the lines if I start to push the belt to become more tension the pointer moves it or if I turn the engine by hand over but it is not enough to make me feel good the belt need to run under the spring pressure.
I work a lot on cars and have a good mechanic education yeas back in Germany well anyway it almost appears to me like a miracle because I cant figure what is wrong I did already messure the position from the tensioner fastener at the oil pump because I did change the oil pump but this appears also fine.

What I notice is when I try to build tension with the tensioner first time the pointer was moving but as I keep going I did reach the max and went over the max point and tension was gone so I did keep turning to start again. tensioner appears fine to me .... and like I say I push the belt in the tensioner moves there is not much missing ... strange :confused: here the pics
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5cgfP7RtXdjMGplVnBuSlhobW8&usp=sharing

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hm, well, ill be honest im really not sure what else to try. i know that the tensioner is very touchy and might need to be done a few times before it works right. is there a lot of play left in the belt? you could check the crank pulley. the outside metal ring has been known to pull apart from the inside rubber ring. if the pulley has separated maybe thats where the extra slack is coming from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi 7 just to clear this up i did find the problem .... I did install the water pump before I did install the rear timing belt cover and here is the problem.....
If you do the oil pump or anything else than you need to take of the rear timing belt cover do not install water pump before the cover because there is a notch that tells you the right position .... My position was of and that was the reason to have the belt so loose. Not a smart way for the water pump there should be a notch regardless to the rear cover related to the oil pump or block...... well it is not a Mercedes:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts