Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the larger 1/4 npt?? port next to the standard oem metric port for?? wanting to install oil pressure gauge... while keeping the oem sensor for the idiot light:confused:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't know where the actual sensor is on the 8 valve but on my 1.8L sport what i did is, I ran a high pressure hose from where the stock sensor was then put a heavy duty T fitting on the end and put the idiot light sensor on one side and the gauge sensor on the other. works pretty well. i can get some pictures tomorrow if you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what is the second port for??...I can make the m12 port work with the adapters...which i cant find locally! If the larger port is for oil pressure also...it eliminates the need for a cluster duck tee. The hayes manual doesnt describe what the larger port is for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Secondary port can be used for mech oil pressure gauge

I ended up using the secondly port I was questioning..1/4 npt adapter fits perfect! I'm happy because this eliminates the need for a tee.. and I get to keep my original port for the idiot lamp! I'm going to use copper where there is a heat factor.., then create a flex point near the entry/body!

·
Banned
329 Posts
I ended up using the secondly port I was questioning..1/4 npt adapter fits perfect! I'm happy because this eliminates the need for a tee.. and I get to keep my original port for the idiot lamp! I'm going to use copper where there is a heat factor.., then create a flex point near the entry/body!
Just an FYI, like Bex said, there are no NPT threaded ports, they are all threaded to BSPT. That being said, some NPT threads are close enough to BSPT that they will thread into them. You probably won't have a problem, but the threads are not an exact match.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts