Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Suzuki Verona with a 2.5 I went to replace the spark plugs because I had 3 codes saying that it was misfiring and from left to right the first 3 spark plugs has oil the thread. I was told that it is the head gasket or the spark plug the O ring .how easy is it to replace the o rings? thank you

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
Oil on the threads would suggest the plugs were not properly torqued when they were installed - you may have noticed a difference in the effort required to remove those three plugs.

A second possibility is that the O rings that seal the plug tubes allowed oil to leak into the tubes and the oil was transferred to the threads as they were being removed - there would also be evidence of oil in the tubes and on the plugs, rather than just the thread area.

The head gasket is not a likely candidate - changing the O rings (and the valve cover gasket) should not be overly difficult for the average backyard mechanic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes when I took the spark plug out of the spark plug socket there is oil inside of that as well in there was no oil on the spark point

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay I replace the valve cover gasket put it all back together it still runs rough with a loud knocking and I'm receiving misfiring codes on cylrinders 1 3

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 04 verona and its been problem free other then it eating the oil it doesnt spill it nor burn it but when its low it starts to make a knocking sound:mellow: and only stops when i add oil....i was using 5w30 but since have switched to using a thicker 10w30 which keeps engine sounds down to a minimum......back to your question it might be like i said low on oil and or the o ring is no longer creating a great seal something fixable with adding gasket maker beneath and ontop of the o ring...its what i did and ive had oil free plugs since;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know it's been a while since anyone posted on this thread but I'm hoping you can help me. I am trying to replace the valve cover gasket but cannot get the intake manifold off. I've removed all the nuts and bolts but maybe I missed something. Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts