Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All , Looked but couldn't find similar oil leak problem on here . OK so I think I over revved the engine the other night , but it could be unrelated . Anyway now when the engine running there is a bad oil leak ( dribbling rather than dripping ) .It's only seen from below engine not from under the bonnet . It comes from somewhere above the sump cover and in front of the Oil Filter ( Checked and its tight ) . Can't see exactly where the source is . Ideas please .Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could oil filter housing seal. You cant buy them seperatly but fortunatley for me i had an old solenoid thermostat for an 07 astra H lying around in my yard. Took the seal off it and made it fit. My oil leak as gone :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
The o-ring (seal) sits nicely inside a groove round the inside. I removed it with the manifold/ downcat still intact but its a pain. I waited til my next oil change to repair it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to get a repair manual --- Haynes don't do one and the downloadable ones don't seem to be as good ( at least the one I have for a Nissan isn't easy to use ). Any better sources ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts