Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed i had oil leaking out of my sierra , i have posted some pics of where it was leaking seems to be a hose missing i'm not sure what this is and where the missing hose is meant to run , any help would be nice cheers .

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,429 Posts
That's is a vent pipe on the fuel pump - the seal pump is gone, you need to replace the pump AND check the oil in the engine, fuel leaking past the seal goes into the sump and dilutes the oil.

Better get on it right away as the diluted oil does not do a good job at lubricating the engine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's is a vent pipe on the fuel pump - the seal pump is gone, you need to replace the pump AND check the oil in the engine, fuel leaking past the seal goes into the sump and dilutes the oil.

Better get on it right away as the diluted oil does not do a good job at lubricating the engine.
So i have to replace the seal pump ? or do u mean replace the whole fuel pump?

tys for the help mate

·
Super Moderator
12,429 Posts
Whoops - that should have said 'seal in the pump' - you have to replace the fuel pump.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What Fordem sez!

I destroyed a freshly-rebuilt 1.3 because I didn't catch the leak caused by a broken pump diaphragm quickly enough!

Here is a page that i created for Ack's FAQ that explains it pictorially:

Ack's FAQ Samurai 1.3 Mechanical Fuel Pump Symptoms - Gasoline and Oil Leaks at Vent Tube

I hope that this helps![/QUOTE

1 more thing i was drving it and losing power i know now its due to this , how do i know if my engine is still ok it sounds like its half stuffed or will it be ok once i get rid of that fuel pump ??? cheers

·
Super Moderator
12,429 Posts
how much effort is involved in changing one of these?
:confused:WHAT?!?:confused:

I can't see it taking more than an hour and that includes the oil & filter change as well and cleaning up afterwards.

There are two bolts holding the pump on - pull the hoses off, take the bolts out, pull the pump off, and reassemble in the reverse sequence.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Just make sure you don't forget the step where you change the oil and filter. That's the part that destroys the engine. Gasoline in your engine oil = very bad!

·
Registered
616 Posts
If by "half stuffed" you mean the engine is very noisy and losing power, it may already be too late.

If you discover that your oil is very thin, the oil smells like gasoline and the dipstick looks like the engine oil is overfilled, it may be too late.

A change to fresh and thicker oil (10W-40 or thicker) may help make the engine run a bit longer, but it is really time to rebuild/replace the engine.

Whatever you do at this point, DO NOT RUN THE ENGINE UNTIL YOU HAVE CHANGED THE OIL AND REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP!

·
Registered
201 Posts
:confused:WHAT?!?:confused:

I can't see it taking more than an hour and that includes the oil & filter change as well and cleaning up afterwards.

There are two bolts holding the pump on - pull the hoses off, take the bolts out, pull the pump off, and reassemble in the reverse sequence.
lol i jst meant is there anything special u have to do. guess not...

and id probably stick to 20-50W oil, especially after having that happen. also i'd be changing the oil again in about a weeks time, just to remove all the excess crap...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts