Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my 04 verona into the dealer and they did a lot of engine work, replaced a sensor or two and said the engine was 'gummed up' and cleaned it out. Previously the car was running lean and it would stall out and shut off at lights.

It no longer does this... does not run lean at lights anymore.

But this morning there was a giant oil puddle underneath the car (that i did not notice) and when i got to work it was smoking (I assume because of the oil) and on break from work I noticed there was a puddle of oil underneath.. and the whole bottom side of the car had oil on it, looked like a pretty serious leak.. but the thing is.. I checked the dipstick and the oil level showed full?

Any help would be rgeatly appreciated, I am starting to think i bought a lemon! Or else maybe the dealer messed up and did not put a seal on right? I only got it back a week ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked all the fluid levels and they were high.. so I ASSUME this is oil (looks and feels like it)

But could it be transmission fluid? I understand i cannot check the transfluid on this model? There is a silver braided metal strands part on the underside that looks damaged.. Looks like a part to the transmission. God I'm such a car newb. lol

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
The first thing to determine is where the oil is coming from, and then why it is coming from wherever it is coming from.

If the dipstick shows full, it is unlikely to be coming from the engine - unless - the engine was at some point "over" filled - there are other possibilities, it could be transmission fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid - these all appear as 'oil' when spilt or leaking.

Check the levels, and if the car is safe to drive - take it back to the dealer and have them rectify whatever it is they did incorrectly - if in doubt call them and try to get them to pickup the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After havin a coupel guys look at it, we seem to think it's transmission fluid. But ehre was a LOT of it.. having it towed to a transmission place right now for a free estimate and gonna see what i cna do through the dealer.

Any idea what would cause such a hefty amount of transmission fluid to start leaking out all of a sudden?

·
Registered
4 Posts
same problem when I first bought my Suzuki from the use car lot. a week after i drove it home, i notice there is a leak. took it to the shop and they weren't able to find what is leaking. engine oil is full but there is no way to check the tranny fluid... i think i took it to the dealer and they fixed for 300.

·
Super Moderator
12,173 Posts
The car without a way to check the transmission fluid hasn't been built yet.

The Verona automatic transmission may not have a dipstick, but that doesn't mean there is no way to check the fluid level - manual transmissions don't have dipsticks either.

Look on the right side of the transmission near the drive shaft - you'll find the filler plug - you check the fluid level there, in the same way that us manual transmission guys have been doing it for decades - remove the plug and stick your pinky finger in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts