Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 Sammy that is pumping oil out of the vent, I have a weber on it. I think it might be the oil breather cap, it might need a good cleaning or maybe it is something else any ideas, Thanks for the Help.

·
Super Moderator
12,257 Posts
Coming out of the fuel filter or fuel pump?

If you mean the pump, the pump itself is defective, change it ASAP and then change the oil, it will be diluted with fuel.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel pump was pumping out oil I went a got a new pump fuel filter and new oil and filter for it. When I took the old pump off there was oil built up behind it.

·
Super Moderator
12,257 Posts
Let's try this again - what are you having a problem with?

Oil coming out of the fuel pump vent? You have a defective fuel pump - it needs to be replaced. There will be fuel dilution of the oil, so you need to change the oil & filter as well.

You've already replaced the pump and changed the oil & filter?

Good - now what's the problem? Is it still leaking from the vent?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have now changed the fuel pump and fuel filter, drain the oil, and poured 2 quarts in and out of it to flush it some. The I added syn. oil and some lucus oil, new oil filter and no problem. I just have to fine tune the carb a bit more, the some more clutch adjusting in the pedal. I had just put a new 3 stage clutch in when I found this oil leak and replaced a gasket on the adapter plate to the carb. I drove to work and it was fine just needs some fine tuning, It was down all summer, so it is fun to drive it again, thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts