Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like your help in guiding me on the best option to put all-terrain tires on my 2021 all grip vitara, I currently have 215/55R17 tires but I want to change the size to tires with better traction on complicated terrain. In my country I can't find the exact size for my need, I have seen in photos the same vitara model with all-terrain tires but there is no information about those tire sizes. I attach a reference image What do you recommend?
Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Tire Automotive side marker light

·
Administrator
17,750 Posts
I seriously doubt you'll find much in an AT tread with a 55 profile, the two just don't go hand in hand - a 55 profile is a short, relatively stiff sidewall, and for off road work you need taller sidewalls that will flex - you might be able to go down on the tread width and increase the profile to compensate, but a 215 is a fairly narrow tire. Personally, I wouldn't consider anything with lower than a 60 profile even for road use, but, that's driven by the conditions of our roads.

Check the door jamb for the tire placard, see if there is an alternate size listed - if you can switch to a 16" rim, you can then stay at a 215 width and go up to a 60 profile which may widen the available choices.

The car you're looking at appears to have been lifted and may be running larger than stock tires, which leads me to my next question - how far are you willing to go to get all terrain tires under there - how much are you willing to spend? Suspension lifts, new rims, importing your own tires, possibly "re-gearing".

I've not really looked at the new Vitaras, but I've seen enough of them to know that I wouldn't think of taking them too far off pavement.

·
Registered
12,076 Posts
Only option for AT tyre at 215/55/17 size, is Cooper Discoverer ATT.
Plenty of others out there.
Yokohama geolander, Yokohama blu earth xt, Toyo tyres also do several.

I have 8 different ones available locally from one supplier

·
Administrator
17,750 Posts
Tire availability will vary by country - you'll find that certain sizes are not available in a given brand and tread pattern in one country, but, are common in another - I've had to import my own tires in order to get what I want, in the size I want - which may or may not be an option for the thread starter - that's one of the options I listed earlier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts