Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow X-90 owners!

I was leaving for work this morning when my wife flagged me down in the garage. My cherry red 1998 X-90 JLX cranked over three times but wouldn't pop like normal. We had been noticing that it was cranking over harder the past few weeks. Turned the dash lights on, radio, everything works great; tried to turn it over, everything goes dead. Wouldn't turn over anymore, either.

A bit about my X-90: It was originally imported to Massachusetts. The Carfax I ran when I bought it said it's had 7 owners, but I suspect two of them were dealer registrations and I am actually the 6th owner. I picked it up in the summer of 2011 with 87,000ish miles in Wisconsin. The guy that owned it before me wanted it to be a collector and had it sent from Massachusetts, but I don't think he knew about the forums, because on the way home the day I bought it, the CEL came on with the P0400 DTC. (I suspect this is why he was selling it, because it had a brand-new EGR valve and EGR solenoid when I got it). Didn't bother me because I used to own a Geo Tracker and knew about the forums here. When I was resolving that issue, I took the battery out to clean the EGR tube. That was the first time that I noticed that the battery had SEP of a XXX7 year installation date. Just so happens that my X-90 was imported in September of 1997.

Anyways, that long (but fun) story brings me back to my original question. Is the battery I just pulled today original? If it is, that is pretty amazing. 16 1/2 years, 6 owners, and 95,000 miles (all through New England and Wisconsin winters). A picture of the sticker on the battery is attached. The sticker shows that it was made by Interstate for Suzuki, Model #A26R. Needless to say, I bought another Interstate. Now it cranks the best it has since I've owned it! I think I might write them a letter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts