Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have been looking around on the forum for the past few days trying to find information out on the OEM manufacturer/ part number for a 2008 Suzuki Forenza 2.0L. I have tried looking up online this information and also calling suzuki dealerships with no luck. I have found a set of Bosch spark plug wire set's but i wasn't sure if that is the original equipment that came with the car. This is the link for the Bosch wire set:
Amazon.com: Bosch 09283 Premium Spark Plug Wire Set: Automotive

I know that this is off of amazon but I know auto zone or any other auto parts store has the same exact wire set.

Reason why I am asking is because I am trying to find a cheaper price than what I have found so far and also without having to go through the dealer for the part. Otherwise if there is no other option besides going through the dealer what are some good options as far as aftermarket goes?

Also I was reading up on the service interval of the 2008 Forenza and they are saying to replace spark plug wire set at 60,000 miles. I just put in new Bosch FLR8LDCU, which are identical to what i pulled out at 60,000 miles, but I was surprised that even the original plugs weren't in all that bad of shape. When i did replaced the spark plugs I checked the condition of the wire set and they seemed in good condition. So I was just curious on the service interval as well.

If anyone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
The OEM wireset is made by Bougicord which is a quality manufacturer and I believe they can survive more than 100K miles.The OEM spark plugs are dual electrode and made by Bosch and so long as there is no misfires,mpg loss and no valve cover gasket leak they are good for at least 100K miles.

Bosch plugs/wireset or NGK plugs/wireset is going to be good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did have a valve cover gasket leak that was fixed by the dealer since the vehicle is still under warranty. When I changed out the plugs I didn't notice that there was some oil that was baked onto the plugs but like I said I didn't see any oil on the plug wires so I think they are still in good condition.

Besides going through the dealer or an online suzuki oem parts website, is there anywhere else to find the original Bougicord wire set at?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi is there a reason you have to have the exact oem set? why not just go to RockAuto Parts Catalog and order the parts from there. NGK is a great company and bosch is good too. if its got to be oem i guess search the net or you could try Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store ive dont think ive seen that brand around though. wires will last longer than spark plugs. as long as the outer cover looks to be in good shape, not cracked, no sign of burning the wires should be ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey 7-even. There is not a specific reason as to why I was trying to find a cheaper oem set. I was just curious if anyone had seen them available outside of purchasing them from the dealer. I'm a big fan of Rock Auto and have used them numerous times. I have just found that I have been able to find oem parts through other avenues besides going through the dealer. I actually found the oem Bosch spark plugs at Orielly's (Rock Auto did have them as well, it was just cheaper and quicker through Orielly's). So that's the only reason why I was asking.

I'm not planning on doing any upgrades or modifications to the car, just trying to keep it as close to oem as I can. I have used Bosch spark plug wire sets previously with other vehicles I have owned and have been very pleased with the quality, so I will more than likely go with a set from Bosch when I replace them.

I know that there has always been the age old debate in regards to OEM vs Aftermarket and usually I'm a big fan with aftermarket parts in general, but is there really that big of a difference between the two? I know some people are very big on sticking to what parts came directly from factory, but is it really worth the premium that you pay compared to the price of aftermarket parts and equipment?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
believe it or not a lot of times some aftermarket parts mare made under stricter tolerances and made to hold up under more extreme conditions. but it depends which companys parts you are buying. some aftermarket parts are sold because there cheap lolol why some people stick with dealer parts is really beyond me. car companies dont use the best of the best and they done use the worst piece of crap parts. what they do do is change you an outrageous price for the replacement parts. maybe they just feel that the car company knows best. most people will use something like a bosch part, a good company with a good reputation and oe quality.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have also been a firm believer in that as well. I have always used the top quality when it comes to aftermarket ( i.e. Wicks, Gates, Bosch, etc) and have never had any issues with any of their parts.

I do know that since Suzuki filed bankruptcy in the U.S. they still have to uphold the parts supply for 10 years. My concern is that since my 2008 forenza is already 6 years old, technically Suzuki only has to continue creating oem parts for 4 more years. I have spoken with my local suzuki dealership and they have already told me that there are already certain parts that Suzuki has already discontinued and more are on the way. So my question is once Suzuki stops completely making oem parts how long will the aftermarket continue to supply the market with parts for our vehicles?

When I originally purchased this vehicle there were problems with it, but having fixed them through the factory warranty and preventative maintenance the car runs beautifully and I plan on keeping the car as long as I possibly can. Like I said my only concern is the parts supply issue once Suzuki no longer produces oem parts. If anyone can shed information on this or have any information in regards to the aftermarket world with parts availability once Suzuki ceases to make oem parts I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You don't need to worry too much about Suzuki's supply for Forenza, I'd be really worried if I owned a Kizashi. Aftermarket parts and junk yards are still there and for a reasonable price for several years to come.

I still have the Bougicord factory wire-set,124 K on the clock.I replaced the factory plugs,VC leak baked them, at 110 K miles with NGK.

Enjoy your ride!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.