Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have removed the massive off-road bumper and am replacing it with an OEM bumper. I have the bumper and the bumper mounting plates but no bolts (of which there are 4).
Im not sure how the plates affix to the frame for mounting.
I need a picture of an OME setup that would show the mounting of the bumper to the frame.
Thanks for your help.

Doc.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
A lot of aftermarket heavy duty bumpers require the original fixing arms to be cut off. If your lucky they are still there, bits the indicators are tied to ;).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darrell:
If you have pics, could you send some close-up pics (front view and side view) of the bumper mounting plate.
I am going to have to fabricate a new mounting for the OEM bumper as the original plates have been removed.
Thanks in advance.

Doc.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Darrell:
If you have pics, could you send some close-up pics (front view and side view) of the bumper mounting plate.
I am going to have to fabricate a new mounting for the OEM bumper as the original plates have been removed.
Thanks in advance.

Doc.
That was the best photo I could find I'm afraid.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem. I can get enough info from the pic you sent. I have to weld up a mock up first, then the finished product. I can use the bumper as a model for positioning the bumper with regard to the body spacing.
Thanks again Darrell.

Doc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts