Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, need some advice. My check engine light came on this morning, and when I went to plug the reader into the plug, I found that the OBDII has no power. I checked all the fuses on the drivers side dash, but none were blown. What else can cause this? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Possibly one of the pins has become dislodged/jammed/moved/pushed in. Have a look inside both connectors to check if any pins are abnormal.

Also you can use a multimeter to check if in fact there is no voltage present. Google for an OBD2 pinout to see which pins are power.

·
Super Moderator
18,186 Posts
I'd first grab another Scanner to try on the chance that the plug on the one you used is connector finicky or the unit is simply broken. ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies y'all...I wasn't able to take a voltmeter to it today, but I did try another scanner. It too failed to receive power. Upon physically checking the plug, nothing seemed jammed or broken, but tomorrow I'll take the voltmeter, use your info Fordem, and see what it says. I'll keep ya updated. Thanks again!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I managed to a voltmeter to it this past weekend. The two grounds you stated Fordem were fine after using an external 12 source; however, the main unit is still not receiving power. I checked all the fuses again and even briefly disconnected the battery, then reconnected, but nothing seems to work. Does anybody have any other suggestions before I'm forced to take it to the dealer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts