Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. just wondering where the obd socket is located on a '53 wagon r+?
have looked it up on google etc, but it's missing??
thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,463 Posts
I don't think Suzuki was making a Wagon R+ in 1953, and if they were, for sure it didn't have OBD, so, be a little more clear about what you're asking and let's see if we can sort this out. There is a requirement for the diagnostic connector to be within a certain distance of the steering wheel, at least with OBDII, and as a result it's almost always under the dash near the steering wheel. Some of the early fuel injected Suzukis (1989 era) did not have OBD connectors, but I don't think the Wagon R is amongst those.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think Suzuki was making a Wagon R+ in 1953, and if they were, for sure it didn't have OBD, so, be a little more clear about what you're asking and let's see if we can sort this out. There is a requirement for the diagnostic connector to be within a certain distance of the steering wheel, at least with OBDII, and as a result it's almost always under the dash near the steering wheel. Some of the early fuel injected Suzukis (1989 era) did not have OBD connectors, but I don't think the Wagon R is amongst those.
53 plate. sorry, i guessed that was a bit obvious.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,463 Posts
53 plate. sorry, i guessed that was a bit obvious.
You'll still need to explain what a 53 plate is - it may mean something to you, but, as I'm sure you are now aware, most of us are not familiar with how registration numbers are assigned in the UK.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyway the OBD socket is on the right hand side of the car under the parcel shelf. It faces to the front of the car.

·
Super Moderator
12,463 Posts
So pretty much where I suggested it would be, under the dash, near the steering wheel...

·
Registered
82 Posts
You'll still need to explain what a 53 plate is - it may mean something to you, but, as I'm sure you are now aware, most of us are not familiar with how registration numbers are assigned in the UK.

UK Registrations are strange in as much that we have two registrations of 6 monthly blocks, but they dont run Jan 1st to 30 June and then 1st July to 31 Dec .......they run Sept 1st to Feb 28th, then March 1st to Aug 31st.
So a vehicle sold new/registered from 1st March 2019 will have a numerical '19' plate, then from 1st September it becomes a '69' plate . The prefix '6' denotes the second block of registration.... but this runs through into the next year ie 2020 will be a '69' plate until end of February. It then becomes a '20' plate from 1st March.
Have I confused you yet? Probably yes so I've attached a chart .

Dont ask me how or why this was dreamt up. I dont know !

The logical part is the the first two alpa letters define the area where the vehicle was originally registered.
There's a chart for that also but I'll not bother you with that or your brain will explode !. :oops:
The last three alpha are totally random.

·
Super Moderator
12,463 Posts
Let me explain my statement - personally I have a vague idea of how UK vehicle registrations are done and know where to look for the details, if I cared sufficiently - which I don't. My point is that when posting a question the poster needs to make the details of the vehicle clear.

This is an international forum - as you've seen from the replies, most people here work with the model year of the vehicle, so when you say you have a 53 whatever, folks are going to assume that is the model year - I've been around long enough to know to glance at the poster's location and if it's the UK, it's means it's a 53 plate, but I'm not going to go research it to see when the vehicle was registered because that is actually irrelevant - it is the model year that is critical.

If I were to post that I have a KK plate vehicle (the registration starts PKK, with the P denoting it's a private vehicle, and the KK relating to the registration series), it probably would not make sense to anyone other than a Guyanese, and if you were to check the registration, you would find the vehicle was registered in 2007, if you were to attempt to source parts based on that, you would find that the vehicle was not in production in 2007, it's actually a 1998 model year vehicle that was imported used and registered in 2007

For what it's worth, I also have an FF series vehicle, which would be a 1997 registration, but the car is actually a 1993 that was imported new and sat in a warehouse for several years, and a GG series vehicle, which is a 1998 registration, this one being a 1998 model year imported new and registered immediately it arrived in country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts