Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2003 11th month, 1.3L RHD 5SP Manual 2WD 130,000km in Australia
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum, First post here from a newbie. I recently purchased a Topdon ArtiLink500 Code reader to use with my sons Ignis.
I located the OBD socket, the Code Reader comes to life, tries to establish comms using the various protocols but fails to communicate with the car.

Can anyone tell me if the car is OBD compliant or suggest what I need to do to get this to work - it shouldn't be this hard.

My Subaru communicates etc with the new reader within seconds.

The Ignis is running rough and losing power - I suspect strongly plugs and coil packs, will probably change them all out at the same time.
And less likely egr valve or possibly injector issue - any advice help will be much appreciated.

I was hoping the reader might confirm what the issue was/is but no joy to date.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
11,239 Posts
The Topdon ArtiLink500 should work provided the DLC connector has good power and grounds and is OBDII compliant
All vehicles manufactured in Australia and New Zealand are required to be OBD-II compliant after January 1, 2006. 2008: Yours being a 2003 is not compatible..

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Aquanaut20 is correct, your one will be using Suzuki’s SDA proprietary protocol and will require a Suzuki scan tool with the appropriate security dongle.

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2003 11th month, 1.3L RHD 5SP Manual 2WD 130,000km in Australia
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the prompt 3 replies - I suspected it must be something to do with the Suzuki comms.

Hence my post to avoid wasting time & energy & get the good oil from the forum.

The Topdon seems to work ok otherwise but there are no fault codes on my other 2 vehicles to play/explore with so I can't comment further.

I did see on a compatibility list that the Artlink500 works with Suzuki Ignis from memory 2001-2004 so I would like to reinforce the above comments that it is not a compatible reader !!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I did see on a compatibility list that the Artlink500 works with Suzuki Ignis from memory 2001-2004
Perhaps in that year range in other countries that have real auto regulation and lower import tarrifs (No Bankers running the place)?

·
Administrator
16,301 Posts
I did see on a compatibility list that the Artlink500 works with Suzuki Ignis from memory 2001-2004 so I would like to reinforce the above comments that it is not a compatible reader !!
EOBD was required on petrol engined vehicles starting in 2001.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
EOBD was required on petrol engined vehicles starting in 2001.
And in Australia from 1 Jan 2005 for any new vehicles sold in Australia built after 1 jan 2005.
So, the original poster has a 2003 so its not obd2 compliant in most likelihood

1 - 9 of 9 Posts