Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have jus bought my 2nd samurai... 1985 Sj413 (long wheelbase) silver
£450 :D its a lil rusted up needs some work but hey its a good project just like mine!

1st problem... Will not start at all or show any signs of firing, we have spark, fuel is definately coming through, weve stripped the carb and cleaned it (jets etc) yet still cannot get it to start :/ ive matched all the ht leads to my running suzuki so this cant be the problem also, any suggestions pleaseee.

2nd... I need the front grille for it but i cannot find one anywhere, ive found new but for like 100$ + i wont a 2nd hand one really, does any1 have one or know where i could find one?

Many thanks

Adam :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all

I have jus bought my 2nd samurai... 1985 Sj413 (long wheelbase) silver
£450 :D its a lil rusted up needs some work but hey its a good project just like mine!

1st problem... Will not start at all or show any signs of firing, we have spark, fuel is definately coming through, weve stripped the carb and cleaned it (jets etc) yet still cannot get it to start :/ ive matched all the ht leads to my running suzuki so this cant be the problem also, any suggestions pleaseee.

2nd... I need the front grille for it but i cannot find one anywhere, ive found new but for like 100$ + i wont a 2nd hand one really, does any1 have one or know where i could find one?

Many thanks

Adam :)
Hi Adam,
I've got a Jimny with similar starting issue - originally thought it was immobiliser, but it's now been diagnosed as dodgy/corroded connection to starter motor. Another possibility apparently could have been the main earth shorting.
Sorry if this is nonsense - I'm a newbie with no expertise whatsoever! But you never know :)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
if he has spark and he has fuel then his starter must be cranking the motor. There is a good posibility that the timing belt is broken or has slipped a tooth or two. If the valves are out of time with the crank then it will never start for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd listen to Baratacus rather than me Adam - sounds like he actually knows what he's talking about :)
Thanks Baratacus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts